Become a Hoos Connected Facilitator
Our facilitators are what make this program work. That's because they are well-trained, and they really care! We love working with new students each semester. If you're interested in becoming a Hoos Connected facilitator, here are some details:
Facilitators make a minimum two-semester commitment to Hoos Connected. The first semester, you complete a 2-credit, graded training course (PSYC 3990). The second semester, you co-facilitate a real Hoos Connected group for 2 graded credits and participate in weekly group supervision with other facilitators (PSYC 3991). There is also the option to facilitate 2 groups for 3 graded credits, which we highly recommend! We love it when our facilitators stick around for multiple semesters too! You can get graded credit for PSYC 3991 multiple semesters as you continue to grow as a facilitator role and become a pro.
Facilitators gain the following skills and benefits:
- Fulfills the Research methods requirement for psychology majors
- Counts towards practice hours for YSI majors
- Regardless of your major, facilitators learn invaluable skills in leadership and group management
- PSYC 3990: Group Process and Facilitation I
- Instructor: Dr. Alison Nagel (email@example.com)
- Time: TuTh 3:30pm - 4:45pm
- Total number of slots: 30-40
- Number of credits: Two-semester series – two graded credits in the 1st semester and one or two graded credits in the 2nd semester
Thank you for your interest in applying to be a facilitator! Applications are now closed for the Fall 2022 semester. We will begin accepting new applications for the Spring 2023 semester in November. Please check back then for more information!